Steve's Oxford Automotive: Buy An Oil Filter
At Steve's Oxford Automotive we recommend replacing your oil filter every time you change your car or truck's oil. Your oil is pumped through tight lubrication lines to feed fast-moving metal engine parts, instantaneously. Every time you drive your car, your motor oil accumulates microscopic particles of metal shavings and engine dirt which are trapped by your oil filter. Spending a little more on the cost of the best oil filter can increase the lifespan of your car's engine. Call us today at 248-628-2501 and let's talk about the right oil filter for your vehicle.
6 Qualities That Make An Oil Filter "The Best" for drivers in Oxford
- An affordable, high-quality oil filter usually falls in the $7 to $16 price range.
- Features a durable base gasket to prevent motor oil from leaking and thermosensitive adhesive seal to keep filtering media in place.
- Designed to withstand 3 to 5 times greater flow force than the engine's operating pressure.
- It offers a filtration capability for 7,500 or even 15,000 miles and filters 100% of the motor oil.
- Designed with a "Wrench-Off" feature. These oil filters feature a large nut on the end of the filter canister that allows the oil filter to be tightened or removed with a socket wrench.
- At Steve's Oxford Automotive we can help you find an oil filter with a Synthetic or Micro Glass filtration media. Avoid cellulose or paper media oil filters unless you intend to change your oil every 3,000 miles. Cheap oil filters with cellulose media may also only filter 40% of motor oil.
- Synthetic filter media is effective in removing 50% of the particles in sizes ranging from 20 to 40 microns, and 24% of particles in the 8 to 10-micron range.
- Microglass filter media increases the effortless flow of motor oil to your engine and only needs to be checked or replaced every two to five years or 10,000 miles. Most high-end micro-glass oil filters include extremely fine metal media or micro glass.
Best place for experienced help with your car needs.